Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The people should not become victims of the government`s less carefully made kerosene-to-gas conversion program, a legislator said.
"The falling victims of gas canister explosion should not have happened, let alone if later it is found that the accidents have taken place due to the acts of certain individuals who want to reap business advantage," Boggy Adhityo Rizaldi, member of
the House Commission VII on energy affairs, said here on Sunday (25/7/10).
He said that it was revealed during a hearing with Chief People`s Welfare Minister Agung Laksono and Commission VII of the House of Representatives (DPR) recently that the increasing gas canister blasts was not caused by the gas cylinders.
Based on the result of the assessment of the Police`s Forensic Laboratory Center (Puslibfor), the main cause of the blast was substandard pipes that connected the canisters with the stoves.
This is despite the fact that gas canisters which did not attach the Indonesian National Standard (SNI) labels also circulated among the public.
At present, pipes which were made of rubber, plastics and mixture between rubber and plastics are now on circulation in the public market.
The National Standardization Agency (BSN) has stressed that based on SNI 06-7213-2006 which is the recognized SNI label for stove, pipes made of rubber were the only hoses that met the standard criteria.
Robby stressed the importance of further investigation of the frequent gas canister blasts of late through a House working committee.
Foto: dok. SCTV